Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good Start to the Year

So I'm trying to uphold my promise to take a picture every day and put it up...I'm trying to get my friend Rebecca from UR to do so as well. We both bought our Canon Rebel XS together, supporting each other every step of the research and paying process haha. I'm really excited to go back to school for more photo adventure :)

So today the picture I took is of the dumplings my family and I made together :)



















It was a lot of fun! And it meant a lot to me...usually when I'm home, I always end up going out a lot with friends. When I was growing up, I always felt really lonely in my house - everyone kind of came in pairs: my parents, my brothers. I was so much older than my brothers, and so I felt like I always had to be the responsible big sister. I could never talk about my feelings because I felt like I had to be the one to take care of my own stuff, and not burden anyone else. And my parents used to work so much so that we never really did many "family" type things. But now that I've gone to college, became a little more independent, and my brothers have matured, it's nice coming back and getting that family atmosphere :)

I still need to learn how to use my DSLR. I don't know how to position my camera and do all the focus and editing to make it look like a more professional photo. Ah well!

No comments:

Post a Comment