Friday, June 4, 2010

My "Forte": Worrying

I'm often told I worry too much...which I guess is pretty true. I really have no confidence in myself whatsoever, so when I'm faced with difficult situations, I feel like I can't rely on myself. I would almost rather trust anyone else but myself haha. College has given me opportunities to start to believe that maybe I can be a leader, but at the same time, I feel like I have the least confidence in myself.

I'm trying really hard to change that though, because I want to prove to everyone, especially myself, that I can be a leader. I'm starting to get worried that people might not respect me as CSA President...as much as I don't think much of myself, I don't want to be stepped over. I don't want people to think "so and so should've been President" or "Frances only got it because no one ran against her." Because I've seen a lot of cases were Presidents dedicated so much for 4 years to their organizations, and then the last year end up leaving with bad feelings because people just don't understand or talk shit.

Mike told me that being President means "doing all the work but having no one appreciate you for it" and I feel like that left him not as happy or enjoying his time as President as much, and thus leaving CSA with not the most happiest of feelings; it was more just being burned out. I don't want that for myself, I want to be excited, I want to inspire people in CSA, I want everyone to truly have fun and be proud of being part of this organization. And I want to be proud of being its President and feeling like I've accomplished something.

I guess it's just hard because not only am I just pretty unconfident in myself but I've seen a lot of the unhappier parts of being a leader in organizations like CSA. Hopefully I can change that.

















My beloved CSA e-board, this past year's & next
I can't believe I've been on e-board since my freshman year o.o 4 years already

















Don't seem like much of a "President" haha
I always remember thinking the CSA President my freshman year was cool...aiyahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment