Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'd rather not borrow "Something Borrowed"

So, against suggestions, I decided to watch "Something Borrowed" since I was bored. I've read the book by Emily Griffin, as well as her other books, and I actually really liked it. It wasn't a difficult read, and despite the subject matter being kind of controversial, she puts it in a manner that makes you root for the protagonist, even if she's the "other woman."

However...like everyone else said, the movie is pretty crappy. Rotten Tomatoes gave it like a 15%. It was pretty terrible. It left out a lot of parts in the book, which kind of doesn't work since the plot is already kind of simple. There's a lot of random stuff in the movie...like the two girls suddenly bursting out into dance... uhh... I am confused. I guess it's supposed to represent their friendship but I don't remember the last time I spontaneously jumped into choreographed dance with my friends after sharing some big news.

But the one GOOD PART about this movie... I have to say.... is Colin Egglesfield. I don't know where the heck he came from, but he's is quite pretty to the eyes.


And props to him... he's dating an Australian actress... and she happens to be part East Asian! Whoohoo lucky girl.


And John Krasinski [the guy from the Office] is in it too! And he's cute too, in like a friendly, fun guy way. Though he's in kind of an awkward role in this movie... he basically took the role of the girl's female best friend in the book as well as acting as a potential love interest for her. At the very least, Ginnifer Goodwin got to act with some nice looking guys.

However...this movie is quite terrible. I'm still watching it and I'm bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment